Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
I just wish Netflix would make more TV shows that are under 30 minutes...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They could all be 30 minutes long since Netflix lets you pause then come back later and resume.  Plex does the same thing...

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
Yeah, but I hate watching half or a quarter of show because every time I resume I have to back it up a little to remind me what was going on. Except for my 3 hours of Looney Tunes. I have no problem resuming that one...

The shows that require no thinking on your part are easy to pick back up in the middle...

-----------------------
Kruger
True. But a lot of what I like to watch is not mind-numbing. And what are the odds of you posting that picture? As you can see, I have that exact same one hanging on my wall...

I know what you mean about watching it without the sound and hearing the dialog in your head.  The same happens with certain comics as well.  I remember when you got that Chuck Jones print, I thought it was one of the coolest things I've seen.  But as for TV shows and them being too long for one sitting, there's a YouTube series that I've been following recently and going through to see everything he's posted and that perfectly fits the bill to catch an episode or two at lunch time:  Modern History TV

-----------------------
Kruger
That's a good link, thanks. One that I watch and has no talking at all is this one Primitive Technology. For a bonus, turn on closed captioning...

Thanks for the link, I've subscribed and will check those others out.  I've seen a few of his videos and am thoroughly amazed at what he does with primitive tools.

-----------------------
Kruger
The new technology is getting us closer...

Ya know, you bring up a huge plot hole for all of those robot / AI movies...

-----------------------
Kruger
If the robot uprising is poised to take out the human race, then why do they have boobs...?

'Cause it's a basic pleasure model...

-----------------------
Kruger
I should probably watch that again now that I no longer have a grainy TV and a craptastic VCR...

If you do, the director's cut or final cut are the better versions...

-----------------------
Kruger
Duly noted. Whenever you're in the neighborhood you can always stop by and drop off the book...