Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
Check out the size of my ramdisk now...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If it's too expensive, then wait a while, prices will usually come down...

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
I wish that held true for everything. This was once only $135,000...

I'm sure we can find one in a reasonable price range...

-----------------------
Kruger
They were such a deal, I got two...

(the yellow one used to sit on the console of the MR2)

Why only two?  You should multiple that by ten...

(I vaguely remember that yellow Lambo...)

-----------------------
Kruger
Or better yet, 42000 of them...

I have not seen that before, and when I found it, I was a little disappointed.  It seemed almost anticlimactic.  I'm sure that it would have been more exciting if he used strike anywhere matches too.  Calculating out a quick purchase on Amazon would have run about $514.  For that, I would rather run to South Carolina and pick up something else that could be a little more exciting...

-----------------------
Kruger
Were you there when Ick lit off the 1000+ firecrackers at the park? The first 3 minutes were hilarious. The next 5 minutes were like, OK, when is it going to be over. 15 minutes later driving away while they were still going because I'm sure we were bringing a lot of unnecessary attention our way.

So, for $514, I can get 4,896 bottle rockets. Lighting them one at a time and being conservative with 15 seconds between each firing I could have enjoyment for a little over 20 hours non-stop. (I think this is going on the bucket list, right next to throwing a snowball into a volcano)

Hmmm, I would rather get $500 worth of morters.  While you would have to improvise to invest in and build the launch tubes, they do have long wicks and would be easier to string together, you would end up with only around 240 of them.  Easier to manage, a more reasonable show, and way more exciting than some bottle rockets.

-----------------------
Kruger
There's amusement and there's show. 20 hours of giggling != 10 minutes of Ooo's and Ahhhh's. It's an apples to oranges comparison (and by the way, I like both apples and oranges). But if we're going down this path, then for $500 I can get 25lbs of black powder. Compress that bad boy into some type of metal cylindrical object, stand back, light and wait for the Earth shattering ka-boom! I'd probably giggle like a little school girl for 20 hours after that... (and no license needed - albeit probably not completely legal either)

Point well made, my good man.  Then we're back to amusement and I submit splitting the 42000 matchsticks between you and at least one other friend and a large tabletop between you...

-----------------------
Kruger
Of course you have to have a house in that forest too...

That kinda reminds me of that Nerd movie that played a Talking Heads song during one scene...

-----------------------
Kruger
Good movies. It's almost impossible to find a traditional nerd these days...