Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
I agree, I do like Stack Overflow.

But I did notice something pretty awesome about your screen shot.  Is that an emulator or a real 8-bit displayed on a TV?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
It wasn't a real TV. Those emulators are getting better and better...

I see it too!!!  No more cable for me, I cut that cord a little over a year ago.  But the scrambled cable channels went away when everything switched to digital.

What emulator are you using?  That's awesome that it even emulates the CRT.  I love that left edge of the screen, it looks exactly how I remember it...

-----------------------
Kruger
They really did a fantastic job with the emulation. And the artifacting is fully customizable. It never felt right with a crisp clean screen...

Ahhh, that was one of the settings I never checked.  After looking at artifacting set to original with all of those options, and new, I didn't even bother looking at the NTSC filter setting.  Is it only a 640x480ish screen?

Meanwhile, that was a rabbit hole I dove into looking at old classic computer and video game ads from the 80's...

-----------------------
Kruger
Nope, I run it in windowed mode.

The old computer and gaming ads were great. You don't see that anymore. And the rabbit hole for this one was looking at all of the cartridge, box and marquee artwork that was done for the games...

Sometimes the rabbit hole is fun and interesting.  Especially when looking at old computer ads and artwork.  I have seriously contemplated picking up this book next.  It looks like some great nostalgic material...

-----------------------
Kruger
That does appear to be a fine book. It'd look fantastic on any coffee table...

I'll let you know how it looks on a coffee table.  It should be here next week...

But changing the subject, comparing an original artist to a forger is an invalid comparison...

-----------------------
Kruger
But you'll never know if your orange was made in China until you peel it...

If you go back far enough, all oranges were made in China...

-----------------------
Kruger
If you have too much of a good thing, you begin to not like it as much. That's why General Tso's is the way to go. And they better have the peppers in it...

That saying doesn't work for beer....

While General Tso's is good, my go to is usually Kung Pao Chicken...

-----------------------
Kruger
At the end of the day nothing beats a good meat-lovers pizza with extra cheese...

It's kinda sad when some of the best pizza in your region comes from a chain.  I guess I'm spoiled from growing up in New England where there is a pretty decent mom and pop pizza place in each town.  I did some research on pizza dough and sauce recipes and while it took a while, I found an amazing dough recipe.  A friend also gave me a hint on a good sauce recipe and it was to add a splash of balsamic and some anchovy paste.  She was right...

-----------------------
Kruger