Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
The good old days of pranks. And you had to type "i am a loser" to make it go away.

Then there was the arts and crafts of turning this logo into our catch phrase...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

LOL I had completely forgotten about that.  I think I was outside the room getting in trouble for keeping five printers running instead of the required two...

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
When I was on 3rd I would have 12 printers running. That was back when we had the FLiP system and it ran on these things...

Yup, 8" floppies, I have run into those on multiple times way back...  You could tell it's not a 5 1/4" from where that index hole is located.  So while I thought that my image submission would just show the progression of size reduction on removable media, I saw this pic (and multiple instances of it) and just had to chuckle.

What's the feasibility to take the subject of our last few posts and apply it to the creator of this image (and everyone that subsequently reposts it)?

-----------------------
Kruger
Oh my god, that diagram gave me cancer. I too can make a graphic with bad information...

(how long before you spot what's wrong with it?)

Besides the fact that we never went to the moon?

It took about 30-40 seconds to find it.  I spent most of that time looking for some error in the launch photo before getting to that last one with the bright gray(?) marble in the sky...

Hmmm, think of a way we can add this to all the other conspiracy theories out there...

-----------------------
Kruger
This reality is nothing but a computer simulation. I'm hoping that one day on my drive to work I see a crash handler pop up in the sky...

So this would be a game of a simulation inside a simulation?

-----------------------
Kruger
I couldn't agree more with you on that one. And this is one of my favorite demos and always captivated me...

(and I just had to create a video for it too: Ballsong )

Awesome!!  I loved that demo!  There were a few others that really stuck out in my mind, like the Toccata and Fugue that was done in AMS, and Passionately, and of course the digitized You Really Got Me blew my socks off the first time I heard it, so much I had to hack the digitizer and make one for myself, and the start of a player that would use the Rambo 256K as extra storage to get more time.

But one of my favorite demos that I always love...

-----------------------
Kruger
And then there was that conflicting era where I didn't know which allegiance I should follow...

Oh I know!!!!   The ST was created by the folks that made the damned C64 and the Amiga was the next gen XL...  The only consolation that I had was the Atari name and logo...

-----------------------
Kruger
What if you took both...?

Eh, probably not much bad would happen...

-----------------------
Kruger
I dunno, I've heard that before...