Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
Well, what goes good with meat? More meat, of course...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's kinda like one of Hunter's shirts...

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
And that reminds of one of the best cartoon scenes...

Most everything from this studio was awesome.  I may have said it before but my favorite one had Bugs, Sam, and an idget dragon...

-----------------------
Kruger
Speaking of dragons...

If you ever get the itch to old-school mod, get an Atari Flashback 2.  It's essentially a full 2600 under the covers and you can add a cartridge port to play those games that aren't already included.  The designers even went so far as to screen label the solder points on the board that go to that port...

(Yeah, I've got one, I just need the time now)...

-----------------------
Kruger
I'll have to check that out. I still have a couple original 2600's and a bunch of cartridges. Every now and then I'll bust out my favorite game and play for a while...

It's pretty amazing that Activision could take the same hardware that works with some pretty ugly games and do something that was fun to play and really looks nice too...

-----------------------
Kruger
If you get a chance, play this (I put it in the background, it's an hour long): Pitfall! Postmortem

Oh awesome video, I'm definitely going to watch that one.  I would say that anyone that could cram some decent graphics, sound and awesome game play into 4K and suck you in so you forget what time it is three hours later would be a genius...

-----------------------
Kruger
I actually had to look him up. Yup, Star Raiders, one of the best games - I remember getting my copy from King's department store and was excited to get the touchpad controller...

Oh, that overlay, how I hated you so.  Once I remembered what each button was for, that overlay got tossed!

The reason neither of us knew who he was was the same reason Warren Robinett created the first known Easter Egg.  Developers for Atari didn't get the credit.

-----------------------
Kruger
One of the better overlays...

Wow, I've never seen that game or the overlays, but that's pretty awesome!  I remember you telling me you were able to land it just once.  Looking at the overlay, it looks like they did a decent job of making a simulator, especially considering the 4K limit.

Now a simulator that I did have fun with and was easy to "land"....

-----------------------
Kruger
Here's a simulator I've been using as a training guide for my future career. No landings necessary...