Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncle DT's Random Image Thread
I might be seeing Wayne this summer. I'll ask if he still has it (I doubt it). I like all the emulators and being able to bring back that nostalgia for a brief moment, but the one I keep gravitating to again and again is Stella...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Very cool, I hope my memory was right and it was him.  And he still has it...

There's something to be said about emulation.  When I was able to do homework on the ST that was emulating a PC that saved me from having to live at the computer lab...

and so what uranus is a star - Rob
-----------------------
Kruger
I almost forgot that it had a PC emulator. So of course I had to try it again - and I remember the headache trying to get a disk to boot and the emulator brought back that repressed memory. I still couldn't get it to boot a DOS floppy and I tried a bunch...

My task to get it booted was probably a little easier.  I was just taking some developer classes and just needed to boot into DOS.  From there it was a bunch of editing source code then compiling and testing.  Though (I seem to remember) the Modula-2 course used an IDE, but I don't seem to remember that being overly difficult to get running.

Now here's something that I found that's interesting...

-----------------------
Kruger
I think playing with PC-DOS on the ST was more of a novelty. When I did get it to work I managed to run a few games, but it was a bit sluggish if I remember correctly. But that find of yours is awesome. Way to bring back the early 90's. I have to see if I can find my ST disks and any of my Calamus work I did...

How did I know that you would be trying it under Linux.  And I am not at all surprised that it runs well on that platform...

One of FTLs other games was another favorite of mine as well.

-----------------------
Kruger
It played perfectly on my system. The only thing I haven't figured out is the volume control because it's a lot louder than I'd like it to be. But for some reason I could have sworn FTL had more games than that. That reminded of a game called FTL that I've played...